When it comes to purchasing a home, school districts and proximity of house to school are ruling the home search for parents.
- More than 75% of parents say their child’s education is an important part of the search for a new home.
- Of those, 53% will buy a new home in a specific neighborhood to get their child into a better school
- More than 25% of parents plan to move to a new home during school breaks
- 64% of parents say quality or ranking of schools is extremely important when purchasing a new home
- 37% say the schools’ extracurricular reputation is very important
- 34% pf parents believe close distance to the school is extremely important
- 22% say the ability for their children to walk to school is very important
Infographic provided by www.car.org